Thursday 14 June 2012

Dalat - Up in the mountains....


Well...we've had some pretty hair raising trips since we've been here, but today's took the cake. For 3 and half hours we feared for our lives in a dodgy mini van driving through winding mountain roads at about a hundred miles an hour...well, it was worth it. The cool mountain air is a wonderful relief after the scorching, draining, humid weather we've experienced. Dalat is gorgeous and quaint and the hotel is just the cherry on the top! 

We are staying at the Dreams Hotel...truly what dreams are made of! Comfi beds and a soft mattress. There are 2 sheets and a blanket. A gorgeous bathroom and the owners are just sublime!

They even put flowers in our room...my word, it was just too beautiful!!!!

The view from our window. We are in the centre of town on the very very top floor!

How nice - feels like 5 star!

Flat screen TV, fridge and they even have a cupboard! The wifi here is fabulous, so anyone who wants to skype - its on!

Taking a walk through the city...here is the market. 

It's a pretty big market...all sorts of goodies. 

Strawberries...this is the place where they have vineyards, strawberry fields, flower plantations, beautiful waterfalls, coffee plantations...it's superb!

The street where all the restaurants are.

Chocolate 2 - there is a Chocolate 1 just up the road! "Try it and like it" - true story. They make phenomenal "pho ga" for those who don't know what that is, its chicken soup. That is my new staple diet...chicken soup for the soul...no wonder its a staple diet here, plus its one of the only things that don't turn my stomach up-side-down!

Walking back to our hotel, see the top floor? That's where we believe it or not, we have a sauna and a jacuzzi! Whooohoooo! 

There is the sauna. I walk out the room and into the sauna!

And then, out the sauna and into the jacuzzi...how superb? 

Now this is the staircase we have to climb every time we come back...not cool! But, for any of you who wondered....I carry my backpack (those who saw it before i left know what a huge feat that is!!!) and yes, I carry it up steps, like these...sometimes it takes me a while, but I get there eventually!

This is the backpack...it weighs about 25kg's.

this is the smaller backpack - it weighs about 5.

This is the handbag...and all of these are on me when I am walking! I will even have you know, that I get onto the back of motorbike taxi's with all my luggage!

Well time to enjoy some sauna and jacuzzi and then perhaps just a chilled night inside watching a movie on the flat screen TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment