Monday 14 May 2012

Some serious R & R

So after the day of rock climbing and tubing I needed a day off,. So I went to the szoosh Vang Vieng hotel and booked in to use their swimming pool! First, I went to the delish French Bakery, then the pool then out with some awesome peeps we met!

Lesson in Laos:
1) Hello = Sabaidee
2) Thank you = Chop Khai
3) Thank you very very much = Chop khai lai lai
4) Boh pen Yang = Its a pleasure
5) La kon = Goodbye
6) Chok dee = Good luck


Look at these divinsh things...oh my word...that bakery was just too much goodness!

This is the pool, right on the Nam Song River.

Just what I needed to recover from all the bumps and bruises!

This is Tereza and Vasco from Portugal. 


This is the sunset from the pool...

Children swimming in the river - jumping off the bridge.

They do hot air ballooning in Vang Vieng - but it is ridiculously expensive. 

Poor tourist fighting for his tube while the kids grab it!

View of the bungalow from the Vang Vieng hotel


Hahahahahahahaha hahahaha   hahahaahahahahahahahahah...

We came from Vientiane and we are going to Luang Prabang. It is 230km to Luang Prabang, but because the roads are so bad and the buses are also dodge...it takes 7 hours to do 230km - I nearly had a hernia! 

More yummies from the bakery...

This is Ingo. Ingo is awesome! He is  German, but now owns a restaurant in Goa in India, he's 71 and he embraces and loves life with everything in him! We should all be like Ingo...

Ingo, me, Tereza and Vasco at the pool.

Dinner at the Irish Pub, then time for a bit of a jol!

Such fabulous people. I hope that in life we see each other again. 

Great, great, great times...Laos is sensational. What a wonderful place. 

Tereza and I

Kyle, Ingo and Vasco

LOL

So suave! 


Star Bar - Crazy crazy place! 

They light bonfires, they have hammocks everywhere you can lie in. There are huts with cushions and mats and everyone is there to P.A.R.T.Y....HARD!

The hotel...

The temperature on average is 39 degrees, the humidity on is at 94% , so a swimming pool is almost a necessity!

I believe they have a great hotel in Luang Prabang where I can hopefully lurch my booty into the pool!




No comments:

Post a Comment